Alabama Minor (Child) Power of Attorney Form

The Alabama minor power of attorney form is used to delegate a child’s parental rights and responsibilities to someone else. This is commonly a grandparent or other relative, allows the person rights to care for the child for a period of up to one (1) year. If the designation will be for a longer period of time the parent will be required to renew and authorize another power of attorney document.

Laws§ 26-2A-7