The Maine bill of sale form embodies a written record of the exchange of an owned object for a stipulated dollar amount. This written testimonial includes the material facts on the buyer, seller, sale item, terms of sale, as well as endorsements to signify agreement. The paperwork can be used to illustrate the time of transfer to protect the seller against any liability should the item be later employed for unlawful use.
Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Stipulates certain aspects concerning the exchange of an automobile.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Individualizes the register of the information on the sale of a particular watercraft.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Details the specifics involved with the transfer of ownership for a firearm.
Download: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (.docx)
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A fully filled-out bill of sale
- A Vehicle Registration Application, made available to obtain at your local town or city hall.
- For used vehicles, built after 1995, a reassigned certificate of title will be required.
- Evidence of an active vehicle insurance policy
- A Maine issued driver’s license
- Resources to cover all taxes and fees mandated by the state of Maine for registration and titling.
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- A finalized and endorsed bill of sale
- A completed and signed Maine ATV, Boat, and Snowmobile Registration Application
- Proof of payment remitted to the state for the required excise tax via representation on the bill of sale or a Maine Use Tax Certificate.
- Adequate payment for all taxes and fees
Firearm Registration Forms
Maine does not demand registration of guns procured within or outside of the state for its residents. There is no requirement to get hold of a permit before buying a firearm, and no need for a background check when purchasing in the form of a private sale. Permitless carry allows individuals to carry openly or concealed in acceptable areas. If you wish to utilize reciprocity to travel out-of-state, within the borders of participating states, make available the following to submit to the Maine State Police Special Investigations Unit:
- A completed and executed Maine Application for Permit to Carry Concealed Handguns (Form 1R-Rev 8-15)
- Achievement in successfully passing a hunting safety program with a qualified instructor.
- An valid color passport-style photo measuring 2″ x 2″
- Documentation to prove USA citizenship or naturalization.
- Payment for all application fees