Updated on June 21st, 2023
The Maine bill of sale form embodies a written record of the exchange of an owned object for a stipulated dollar amount. This written testimonial includes the material facts on the buyer, seller, sale item, terms of sale, as well as endorsements to signify agreement. The paperwork can be used to illustrate the time of transfer to protect the seller against any liability should the item be later employed for unlawful use.
Bill of Sale Types
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A fully filled-out bill of sale
- A Vehicle Registration Application, made available to obtain at your local town or city hall.
- For used vehicles, built after 1995, a reassigned certificate of title will be required.
- Evidence of an active vehicle insurance policy
- A Maine issued driver’s license
- Resources to cover all taxes and fees mandated by the state of Maine for registration and titling.
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
Firearm Registration Forms
Maine does not demand registration of guns procured within or outside of the state for its residents. There is no requirement to get hold of a permit before buying a firearm, and no need for a background check when purchasing in the form of a private sale. Permitless carry allows individuals to carry openly or concealed in acceptable areas. If you wish to utilize reciprocity to travel out-of-state, within the borders of participating states, make available the following to submit to the Maine State Police Special Investigations Unit: