The Illinois bill of sale form approves the exchange of a financial consideration for an item of property into a text register. The contract lists the critical factors of the transaction, such as the relevant information on the buyer, seller, item, and sale terms. Endorsements will indicate the conclusion on the purchase from the involved parties. This document can be later utilized to certify ownership for such purposes as state registration or tax evidence.
Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Affirms the information contained in a transaction of a vehicle for a payment amount.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Communicates the details surrounding the sale of a vessel into a written agreement.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Used to covey the particulars involved in the change of ownership of a firearm.
Download: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (.docx)
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A bill of sale form, completed with all necessary signatures
- A printout of the confirmation page of the online Application for a Vehicle Transaction (Form VSD 190) (must be presented at an IL Secretary of State facility within seven days of completion.
- The reassigned title for the vehicle, with a filled and signed Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form VSD 333)
- Once at the SOS office, you will need to fill-out and endorse a Private Party Vehicle Tax Transaction (Form RUT-50) (only obtainable from an SOS location).
- Evidence of effective automobile insurance
- The name and address of any financing company associated with the vehicle must be made available at the time of application.
- Approved electrically-propelled engine may be qualified for an Electric Vehicle (EV) Registration Fee Reduction. This fee reduction will require the applicant to fill out an additional Affirmation for Electric Vehicle (Form VSD-861).
- Adequate payment to pay for registration, titling, and license plate fees
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- A notarized bill of sale form
- A completed Illinois Watercraft Registration and Title Application
- Ownership document of either a manufacturer’s certificate of origin or the transferred vessel title accompanied by the prior owner’s registration if available.
- For all boats with a logged lienholder, a letter stating a release of lien will be mandated, along with a signed Illinois Watercraft Registration and Titling Power of Attorney Form.
- Secured payment form to pay all allocated registration fees and taxes
Firearm Registration Forms
Illinois does not require a system of recording information on firearms and their owners classified as “registration”. However, there is an obligation first to obtain a Firearm Owner’s ID Card (FOID), that essentially registers the information of the owners of guns within the state. The FOID card will allow residents to purchase weapons, but must first be applied for electronically with the following information and documents:
- A completed online application via the Firearms Service Bureau’s website.
- A color photo meeting US Passport specifications to be uploaded to the FSB’s website.
- An active Illinois identification card or driver’s license.
- For individuals that wish to apply that are 18 years or older but not yet 21, a guardian must first supply a legal affidavit of permission.
- Consideration to cover all license costs, to be submitted electronically with the application.