The Washington bill of sale form actively commemorates the exchange of a piece of personal property for a dollar amount via a written contract. The form records the information involved in the transactions, specific to the buyer, seller, sale item, and sale terms. Should you wish to further certify the validity of the document you can arrange for it to be signed by all involved parties in the presence of a licensed notary official.
Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – To be appropriated for application of the transfer of an automobile.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Supporting document to accompany the sale of a single watercraft.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Employed as a testament to the exchange involving a weapon.
Download: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (.docx)
Vehicle Registration Forms
- Completed Bill of sale
- The transferred title, endorsed by both parties, with completed Odometer Disclosure portion.
- A notarized Vehicle Title Application (TD-420-065).
- A certificate of passed emissions test (only necessary for certain counties).
- All necessary registration fees.
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- Finalized Bill of sale
- The title endorsed by the buyer and seller to indicate reassignment, complete with Odometer Disclosure accurately filled out.
- Vessel Title Application (Form TD-420-289)
- Receipt proving payment for all taxes associated with the acquisition of the vessel.
- Funds to compensate for all required registration fees.
Firearm Registration Forms
Washington State does not require registration, however, the purchase of a gun ultimately records the sale on the state’s database. When buying a firearm, you will not need to furnish a permit to purchase, but whether you purchase through a dealer or private party, the sale will need to be conducted by a federally licensed firearms dealer. An FFL dealer can properly guide both parties through the background check process mandated by the state. Should you wish to carry a concealed handgun, you will be obligated to gain access to a Washington Concealed Pistol License. To do so you can present the following gathered materials at the nearest police precinct or county sheriff’s office: