Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – To be appropriated for application of the transfer of an automobile.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Supporting document to accompany the sale of a watercraft.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Employed as a testament to the exchange involving a weapon.
Vehicle Registration Forms
- Completed Bill of Sale
- The transferred title, endorsed by both parties, with completed Odometer Disclosure portion.
- A notarized Vehicle Title Application (TD-420-065).
- A certificate of passed emissions test (only necessary for certain counties).
- All necessary registration fees.
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- Finalized Bill of Sale
- The title endorsed by the buyer and seller to indicate reassignment, complete with Odometer Disclosure accurately filled out.
- Vessel Title Application (Form TD-420-289)
- Receipt proving payment for all taxes associated with the acquisition of the vessel.
- Funds to compensate for all required registration fees.
Firearm Registration Forms
Washington State does not require registration, however, the purchase of a gun ultimately records the sale on the state’s database. When buying a firearm, you will not need to furnish a permit to purchase, but whether you purchase through a dealer or private party, the sale will need to be conducted by a federally licensed firearms dealer. An FFL dealer can properly guide both parties through the background check process mandated by the state. Should you wish to carry a concealed handgun, you will be obligated to gain access to a Washington Concealed Pistol License. To do so you can present the following gathered materials at the nearest police precinct or County Sheriff’s office:
- A finalized Washington Concealed Pistol License Application (FIR-652-007).
- A Washington ID card or driver’s license.
- Evidence of applicant’s residency (for a time period of no less than 90 days).
- Sufficient monies for all associated fees.