The Utah DMV bill of sale form (Form TC-843) is the written instrument required to prove the transaction of consideration provided for the transfer of a vehicle, vessel, or trailer from one owner to another. Within the state of Utah, a bill of sale is important as it is compulsory to obtain a title and subsequently register the vehicle. The bill of sale simply documents the contract agreed upon by both parties and provides legal proof. The data provided within the form includes the vehicle’s year, make, model, license plate number, and VIN number, as well as buyer and seller information.
How to Register a Vehicle
To register a vehicle in the state of Utah, the buyer must go to a Utah DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) with the following items:
- Completed Bill of Sale form (TC-843).
- The title of the vehicle signed over to the buyer.
- If the vehicle has not been titled or registered before in the State of Utah, complete a VIN Inspection Form (TC-661) to be approved at the DMV upon registration.
- Proof of car insurance in the State of Utah.
- Physical Certificate for the vehicle passing an emission inspection or safety inspection dependent on what is required for your particular vehicle (see Vehicle Inspections specifics).
- A valid Utah driver’s license.
- Payment for the permit ($8) and registration fees (dollar amount dependent on vehicle).
How to Register a Boat
All motorized/wind-powered watercrafts being operated on Utah waters are required to be titled and registered with the state. Drop by the nearest DMV location and have the following documentation listed below:
- Bill of Sale
- Title (if the vessel is newer than 1985 and contains a motor greater than 25 horsepower)
- Vessel Application for Utah Title (Form TC-656V)
- If the vessel has been titled out-of-state, provide a completed Certificate of Inspection (Form TC-661).
- A receipt confirming that you have paid all uniform fees.
- Funds to pay any expenses associated with registration, in accordance with §41-1a-1206.
How to Write
Step 1 – Download in Adobe PDF.
Step 2 – Select the box corresponding to the type of vehicle/vessel involved in the transaction. You are given the following options:
- Light Truck, Van or Util.
- Heavy Truck (over 12,000 lbs)
- Off-Highway Vehicle
Step 3 – Sale Price Information – Enter the sale price of the vehicle in the following formats:
- In written form
- In numerical form
Step 4 – Buyer/Seller Information – Fill in the name of the buyer and seller involved in the transaction.
Step 5 – Vehicle/Vessel Information – Fill in your selection for vehicle type within the box that corresponds to the vehicle being transferred at the top, followed by the remaining vehicle specifics:
- License Plate Number
Step 6 – Once an agreement on the sale price for the vehicle has been mutually established, complete the signature portion for the seller and date accordingly.