Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Produced for the purpose of selling a vehicle to a new party.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Utilized for transfer of possession of a boat to an alternate individual.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Discloses information involved in the exchange of a gun for a stipulated sum.
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A filled and signed Utah Bill of Sale form
- Previous owner’s transferred title (if applicable).
- Active insurance policy for the vehicle.
- In the case the vehicle has yet to be registered or titled in-state, you will be required to fill out a VIN Inspection Form (TC-661).
- Dependent on the vehicle, it may require certification of passed emissions examination.
- An active Utah driver’s license.
- Consideration for registration fees and taxes
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- Executed Bill of Sale
- A filled out Vessel Application for Utah Title (Form TC-656V)
- Transferred title from the previous owner, should the vessel be used, built after 1985, and have a motor with horsepower higher than 25.
- A Certificate of Inspection (Form TC-661) required for all vessels new to the state.
- Proof of prior payment for any taxes or uniform fees.
- Payment for all necessary registration fees.
Firearm Registration Forms
Utah does not compel its residents to procure a permit to purchase a gun or to register with the governing authorities. Carrying a long gun openly is allowed in sanction areas, however, carrying a handgun concealed or openly will demand an individual apply for a Concealed Firearm Permit. To apply, you can visit The Utah Bureau of Criminal Investigation facility with the following documents:
- A notarized Utah Application for Concealed Firearm Permit
- A photo identification card or driver’s license
- Any previous or active permits from an alternate state.
- Certificate of the fulfillment of an accepted hunter or firearm safety program.
- A verified fingerprint identification card
- A passport-style color photograph
- Funds to cover all permits fees.