Updated on June 21st, 2023
The Tennessee bill of sale form delineates the transfer of possession of a personal item within a written contract, emphasizing the key facts and terms of the agreement. The filing contains information on the seller, buyer, property to be sold, sale terms, and coordinated signatures for the participating individuals. The document can be further employed to protect against any liability for future use of the item as well as tax recording purposes.
Bill of Sale Types
Vehicle Registration Forms
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- A finalized bill of sale form
- A Tennessee Boat Registration Application form (available when applying at the local Clerk’s office)
- Evidence of paid tax on the vessel
- Consideration for all registration fees
Firearm Registration Forms
Tennessee does not necessitate one to register an obtained weapon, or furnish a permit to purchase a gun. Background checks are necessary when purchasing from a federally licensed firearms dealer but not required for private sales. Acquiring a handgun will demand that a resident be at least 21 years of age unless the individual can supply proof of active military service. Handgun Carry Permits are made available to residents that can pass a federal background check and provide the following:
- A Tennessee Application for Handgun Carry Permit receipt number (available to fill out online via the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security website).
- Certification of completion of coursework at a state-accepted Handgun Safety School.
- A fingerprint identification card for the applicant
- An active Tennessee driver’s license or identification card
- Evidence of US citizenship
- Proof of residency in the state of Tennessee.
- Consideration for all fees