Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Incorporated into the sale of a vehicle to transcribe the pertinent information.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Used to perform the transcribing of the sale involving a watercraft.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Encompasses all the information pertaining to the procurement of a firearm.
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A completed Bill of Sale
- A properly transferred title with owner signature portion and Odometer Disclosure Statement completed for all vehicles less than 10 years old.
- Prior vehicle registration if the automobile is purchased used.
- Accepted forms of Identification and Proof of Residency
- Should the vehicle be gifted, sold to a relative, or sold below the average value, then a Tennessee Affidavit of Non-Dealer Transfers of Motor Vehicles and Boats will be mandated.
- Complete method of payment for all applicable taxes and fees.
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- A finalized Bill of Sale form
- A Tennessee Boat Registration Application form (available when applying at the local Clerk’s office)
- Evidence of paid tax on the vessel
- Consideration for all registration fees
Firearm Registration Forms
Tennessee does not necessitate one to register an obtained weapon, or furnish a permit to purchase a gun. Background checks are necessary when purchasing from a federally licensed firearms dealer but not required for private sales. Acquiring a handgun will demand that a resident be at least 21 years of age unless the individual can supply proof of active military service. Handgun Carry Permits are made available to residents that are able to pass a federal background check and supply the following:
- A Tennessee Application for Handgun Carry Permit receipt number (available to fill out online via the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security website).
- Certification of completion of coursework at a state-accepted Handgun Safety School.
- A fingerprint identification card for the applicant
- An active Tennessee driver’s license or identification card
- Evidence of US citizenship
- Proof of residency in The State of Tennessee.
- Consideration for all fees