Updated on January 20th, 2021
The Oregon DMV bill of sale form is a written register of the technicalities involved in an exchange of a vehicle for a monetary value. The document specifies key factors within the process, such as info on individuals and the vehicle. The form is authenticated within the document via endorsements of the concerned parties. The state of Oregon does not necessarily stipulate that a bill of sale be presented to obtain title and registration, but it does provide evidence of ownership, which is obligated to do so.
How to Register a Vehicle
Arrive at your closest Oregon DMV Branch with the following filings in hand:
- A prepared and filled-out Oregon Application for Title and Registration (Form 735-226).
- Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (for new vehicles) or the title to the vehicle signed-over including signatures and accurate odometer statement, whichever applies.
- Completed bill of sale with all corresponding endorsements, as well as buyer, seller, vehicle, and purchase information.
- Lien Release if the title contains any liens posted within the document.
- Certified VIN Inspection, which can be secured at your local police office.
- If you reside within a DEQ region, you are mandated to procure a Certificate of Emissions Test available in several test methods.
- Payment for Title, Registration, and license plate fees.
How to Write
Step 1 – Download in Adobe PDF.
Step 2 – Vehicle Description – Include in the space provided in the first segment of the form, the following information applies to the vehicle being transferred:
- Plate Number
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Title Number
Step 3 – Buyer Information – Within the next portion of the form, the data pertaining to the buyer should be indicated in the boxes:
- Name of Buyer (Last, First, Middle)
- Date of Purchase
- Buyer’s Address
Step 4 – Seller(s) Information and Signature(s) – The last section of the form is allocated to the information on the seller or sellers of the vehicle:
- Printed Name of Seller(s)
- Signature of Seller(s)
- Date of Release