The Oregon bill of sale form realizes the components of a sale of personal property into a comprehensive contract, enforceable upon execution. The agreement outlines the specifics on the buyer, seller, and item to be sold, along with the conditions of the transaction, as negotiated by the involved parties. The buyer and seller will both receive original copies of the document to demonstrate the exchange and transfer of possession for use as evidence of the event.
Bill of Sale Types
Vehicle Registration Forms
- Completed bill of sale
- A fully filled-out and endorsed Oregon Application for Title and Registration (form 735-226)
- Ownership papers such as a manufacturer’s certificate of origin or properly reassigned certificate of title.
- Written authorization of the passing of a standard emissions test, if your residence lies within the boundaries of a DEQ region.
- A VIN Inspection conducted by the local authorities.
- Should a lienholder appear on the title, it will be necessary to provide a completed Lien Release form.
- Compensation with all fees associated with registration and titling.
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- A finalized bill of sale form
- A prepared and signed Oregon Application for Boat Title and/or Registration (Form 250-R07)
- A transferred title, with all sections completed, along with seller signature(s).
- HIN Inspection Certificate may be required under certain circumstances.
- Sufficient funds for all registration and titling fees.
Firearm Registration Forms
Oregon does not enforce a mandate to register a firearm with the state, however, to purchase a gun from a dealer or private party requires an individual to register the transfer of the weapon. There is no need to obtain a permit to purchase or license to own a gun. To lawfully carry a firearm concealed or openly, state residents must first furnish a License to Carry a Concealed Handgun, by submitting the following materials to the county sheriff’s office: