The Oregon bill of sale form realizes the components of a sale of personal property into a comprehensive contract, enforceable upon execution. The agreement outlines the specifics on the buyer, seller, and item to be sold, along with the conditions of the transaction, as negotiated by the involved parties. The buyer and seller will both receive original copies of the document to demonstrate the exchange and transfer of possession for use as evidence of the event.
Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Composes a contract referring to the details of the sale of a vehicle.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Establishes the facts of a transfer of a vessel from one owner to the next.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Originates the written account of the sale of a firearm.
Download: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (.docx)
Vehicle Registration Forms
- Completed bill of sale
- A fully filled-out and endorsed Oregon Application for Title and Registration (form 735-226)
- Ownership papers such as a manufacturer’s certificate of origin or properly reassigned certificate of title.
- Written authorization of the passing of a standard emissions test, if your residence lies within the boundaries of a DEQ region.
- A VIN Inspection conducted by the local authorities.
- Should a lienholder appear on the title, it will be necessary to provide a completed Lien Release form.
- Compensation with all fees associated with registration and titling.
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- A finalized bill of sale form
- A prepared and signed Oregon Application for Boat Title and/or Registration (Form 250-R07)
- A transferred title, with all sections completed, along with seller signature(s).
- HIN Inspection Certificate may be required under certain circumstances.
- Sufficient funds for all registration and titling fees.
Firearm Registration Forms
Oregon does not enforce a mandate to register a firearm with the state, however, to purchase a gun from a dealer or private party requires an individual to register the transfer of the weapon. There is no need to obtain a permit to purchase or license to own a gun. To lawfully carry a firearm concealed or openly, state residents must first furnish a License to Carry a Concealed Handgun, by submitting the following materials to the county sheriff’s office:
- A finalized Oregon Application for License to Carry a Concealed Handgun (Form Rev-15)
- Material proof of the passing of an Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife recognized Hunter Safety Course.
- Two forms of current photo identification via Oregon State driver’s license or identification card, federal passport, or active military ID.
- A fingerprint identification card for the applicant
- Payment for all license fees