The Oklahoma bill of sale form develops a summary explaining the finer points of a transaction involving the exchange of a personally-owned item for a prearranged monetary sum. The paperwork puts the arrangement down in writing to provide evidence of the transfer after the agreement has been affirmed with corresponding signatures from the involved parties. The form includes contact information on both buyer and seller, along with specific identifying information on the item being sold.
Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Reinforces the agreement transferring possession of an automobile.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Fabricates a written testament composing a contract on the sale of a specific watercraft.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Generates a record of the exchange of a gun for a monetary amount.
Download: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (.docx)
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A notarized bill of sale form
- A completed Application for Oklahoma Certificate of Title for a Vehicle (Form 701-6)
- Ownership validation either with a manufacturer’s certificate of origin (for vehicles purchased new) or a transferred title (for vehicles purchased used).
- Valid Oklahoma automobile insurance for the vehicle.
- Previously financed vehicles will require an authorized Lien Release.
- Payment to secure registration taxes and fees
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- A finalized bill of sale
- A filled out and executed Oklahoma Application for Certificate of Title For a Boat Or Outboard Motor (Form BM-26)
- A completed and notarized Oklahoma Boat or Outboard Motor Serial Number Confirmation (Form BM-10)
- Proof of vessel ownership with an authentic manufacturer’s certificate of origin or certificate of title transferred by the previous owner.
- Monies to pay for all allocated registration fees.
Firearm Registration Forms
Oklahoma does not have a formal system of firearm registration, or obligation to procure a permit before purchase. When buying a weapon from a licensed dealer, one must pass a background check; however, when purchasing from a private seller, this stipulation is not required. Concealed carry of a gun will necessitate the obtaining of an Oklahoma Self-Defense Act license. Applications can be turned in with the following documentation:
- A Completed and executed Oklahoma Application for Self-Defense Act License
- Authenticating evidence that the applicant has fulfilled the requirement of an accepted gun safety program.
- A Current State of Oklahoma driver’s license or identification card
- Two passport-style photographs
- Two completed applicant fingerprint identification cards
- Payment for all license fees