The Michigan bill of sale form encapsulates the synopsis of an exchange of goods for an expressed dollar amount. Contained in the written document are the technicalities of the transaction terms and buyer, seller, and sale item specifics. The paperwork can be rendered useful to display establishing proof of ownership and date of transfer.
Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Drafts written documentation highlighting the specifics of a trade of an automobile for a financial consideration.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Used to detail the information about the transfer of personal watercraft.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Produces a concrete testimonial for the sale of a gun.
Download: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (.docx)
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A fully filled-out bill of sale form
- The certificate of title for the automobile, complete with endorsements from the prior owner, buyer, and lienholder (if applicable). You must also supplement this with the accurate milage identified within the accompanying Odometer Mileage Statement (Form BVDR-108).
- Evidence of an active “no-fault insurance” policy
- A valid form of photo identification such as a driver’s license or identification card
- Sufficient monies to cover the cost of all registration and titling fees and taxes.
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
Firearm Registration Forms
Michigan does not mandate registration for firearms at the state level, although the purchase of a handgun will require either the passing of a background check through a licensed dealer, a Purchase Permit or a Concealed Pistol License. Although a record of sale is maintained upon purchase of a handgun, there are also some municipalities that obligate residents to register to with the local authorities. In order to carry a gun openly on one’s own property or in areas allowed for hunting or target shooting is permitted without licensure. To lawfully carry a concealed weapon you can apply at the county clerk’s office with the following: