The Maryland bill of sale form entails a descriptive rundown of the component facts involved in the sale of a property item within a contract. The document provides adequate proof of ownership transfer of the property for further reference. The form can also serve as material evidence of the transaction for tax or registration purposes.
Bill of Sale Types
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A completed bill of sale form
- A finalized Application for Certificate of Title (Form VR-005)
- A reassigned certificate of title with an attached filled and endorsed Odometer Disclosure Statement
- An active Maryland automobile insurance card
- Proof of the vehicle passing an authorized Maryland Safety Inspection within the last 90 days of application for registration/title.
- A state of Maryland driver’s license
- Proper monetary form to compensate for taxes and fees of registration and titling costs.
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- A filled and signed bill of sale form
- A filed Maryland Application for Registered Vessel or Documented Vessel
- Reassigned title endorsed by the previous owner, as well as previous registration (if purchased used).
- A manufacturer’s certificate of origin (if purchased new)
- Photo or pencil tracing of Hull Identification Number for boats measuring less than 12 feet.
- Titles with a recorded lien will require a valid lien release.
- Acceptable form of payment for all obligatory fees
Firearm Registration Forms
Maryland does not require any system classified as “registration” of weapons within the state, but when buying a gun, the transaction is archived in the same vein of formal registration. To first be eligible to purchase a firearm, state residents must first apply and secure a Handgun Qualification license by providing fingerprint identification and completing an application of the Maryland State Police Licensing Portal. Although submission of an application will require one to pass a background check, each time the act of purchasing a new gun occurs, it will necessitate additional background checks. Gaining access to an HQL will also obligate applicants to prepare the following materials: