The Delaware bill of sale form cites the inherent details pertaining to the exchange of a personal item for a stipulated financial distribution. Outlined in the document’s configuration is the contact information on the buying and selling parties, identification of the sale item, purchase price, and signatures to illustrate a valid accord. The filing can be utilized after the fact to represent the transfer date for the possession of the property.
Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Constitutes a written record of the sale of an auto and the details of the contract.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Supports the agreement of an exchange of a boat for a financial consideration, and the details involved int he sale.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Highlights the basic terms of the sale for a transaction involving a gun.
Download: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (.docx)
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A completed and executed bill of sale form
- A reassigned title for the vehicle
- A current Delaware driver’s license or identification card
- Evidence of current insurance plan for the vehicle
- Acceptable form of payment for any incurred taxes or fees
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- A finalized bill of sale form
- A completed and signed Delaware Boat Registration Application
- A manufacturer’s certificate of origin for newly purchased boats, or vessels purchased used, a correctly transferred title and/or registration.
- Any vessel that has a listed lien will require a filed lien release from the financial institution that provided the loan.
- Funds to pay for all registration and titling expenses due
Firearm Registration Forms
The state of Delaware does not obligate residents to register long guns or handguns in accordance with any state law or statute. There is no prerequisite licensure to obtain prior to purchasing a firearm and no required owners license for those who have purchased a weapon. Open carry of a firearm is permitted for hunting and target purposes within sanction locations, but concealed carry of a handgun will mandate that an individual apply and receive a License to Carry a Concealed Deadly Weapon. Licenses are granted on a “may issue” basis. You can apply by procuring the following paperwork for submission to your nearest Prothonotary’s Office for notarization:
- A fully-filled and endorsed Application for a License to Carry a Concealed Deadly Weapon
- Evidence of fulfillment of a state-approved firearm safety program
- A Concealed Deadly Weapon Reference Questionnaire completed and signed by five persons residing within the applicant’s corresponding county. The residents providing this reference are required to have known the applicant for the term of at least a year and must be a U.S. citizen. The referring individual cannot be related to or live in the same household as the applicant.
- The applying individual must also notify the public via a local periodical announcement of the request for licensure. The newspaper or circulation will then issue an authenticating affidavit validating the met standard of the state requirements. This form must accompany the documentation for submission.
- Two passport-style photos of the applicant
- A fingerprint identification card, administered by an employee of a State Bureau of Identification facility.
- Compensation for all expenses associated with the background investigation and identification of the applicant, along with other licensure fees.