The Delaware DMV bill of sale form is a written instrument that functions as a receipt for the sale and purchase of a motor vehicle. It is only required by law in the State of Delaware under certain circumstances but is still suggested to acquire one as it may come in handy in the future in case of any discrepancies. The form requires that both parties divulge certain information related to the transaction. Once completed, both parties should be provided a copy to store in their files.
How to Register a Vehicle
The new owner has 30 days to register the vehicle from the date of purchase. Be sure to bring the vehicle in for an inspection and come with the necessary paperwork confirming that the vehicle has passed. Go to a DE DMV service center of your choice and present an agent with the following:
- The title of the vehicle signed over to the new proprietor.
- Proof of an active auto insurance policy.
- A photo ID issued by the state of Delaware.
- Compensation for all registration expenses.
How to Write
Step 1 – Download in AdobePDF.
Step 2 – Vehicle Information – This section requires you to input the following vehicle specifics:
- Odometer reading
- Seller registration #
- Have you previously filed an application for title of this vehicle? (Yes or No)
Step 3 – Seller/Buyer and Sale Details – Enter the following necessary information:
- Seller’s Full Name
- Buyer’s Full Name
- For the sum of (numerical amount of the sale/purchase in dollars)
- Check the box if the vehicle was a gift. Indicate relationship if this applies to you (e.g. parent, spouse, friend).
Step 4 – Finalizing the Transaction – Complete the transaction by having each party supply the:
- Seller’s Signature and Date
- Buyers Signature and Date