The Arizona boat bill of sale form is a paper document commemorating the exchange of a vessel for a monetary value. The critical information featured in the text indicates relevant details about the buyer, seller, boat, and sale. This government form is compelled for registration and titling for any motorized boat operating on the water in the state of Arizona and is also a handy document to procure for tax and liability purposes.
How to Register a Boat
Arizona stipulates that if your boat comes equipped with a gas or electric motor of any kind, it must be appropriately registered if you plan on utilizing it within the state for more than 90 days. Should your visit be limited to time lesser than 90 days, however, the vessel must be registered with your state of residence or under the classification system of the U.S. Coast Gaurd. Any boat operated without the assistance of a motor, or by use of paddle or oar is not obligated to be registered.
To register, gather the following articles for presentation and appear at a nearby Arizona Game and Fish Department office:
- A fully filled-out Arizona Application for Watercraft Certificate of Number (form 1532).
- A completed endorsed bill of sale.
- If the vessel is new, you will need to furnish a Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO)
- If the boat is purchased from a previous owner, you will need to submit the former registration, endorsed by the prior owner.
- A form of payment for all fees and taxes associated with the registration.
How to Write
Step 1 – Download in Adobe PDF.
Step 2 – Input the date that the transaction was conducted.
Step 3 – Seller Information (From Section) – Include the following details about the seller of the boat:
- Zip Code
Step 3 – Buyer Information (To Section) – Fill out the form as to the specifics on the buyer of the vessel:
- Zip Code
Step 4 – Watercraft Information – Complete the portion of the form with all accurate data on the vessel involved in the sale as follows:
- Manufacturer (if known
- Hull ID Number
- Registration Number (if previously registered)
- State of Registration (if previously registered)
- Year Built
- Length (in feet and inches)
- Purchase Price
- Sales Tax Paid
Step 5 – The form can then be signed and dated by the seller under the agreement of both parties to finalize the transaction.