The Wyoming boat bill of sale form is a formal document that notes distinct details unique to the purchase and sale of a vessel. Important facts such as the names and addresses of the individuals taking part in the sale, listing price, and HIN (Hull Identification Number) are all requested to be logged into the form. This agreement is extremely valuable to both parties as it provides proof of ownership for the buyer and releases liability for the seller.
How to Register a Boat
Individuals looking to register their watercraft must do so at the nearest WGFD (Wyoming Game and Fish Department) facility. Be sure to have the following items on hand when approaching the registration office:
You have the option of selecting a 1 or 3-year registration. If you prefer registering by mail, send copies of the abovementioned materials to:
Wyoming Game and Fish Department Headquarters
5400 Bishop Boulevard
Cheyenne, WY, 82006
How to Write
Step 1 – Download in Adobe PDF.
Step 2 – Seller/Sale Information – Enter the following information regarding the seller and sale:
- Name(s) of the individual(s) selling the vessel.
- This form is not specific to the sale of boats, it contains other vehicle options. Check the box to the left of “Boat” to indicate that you are selling a vessel.
Step 3 – Boat/Vessel Information – This form requests that the following information concerning the vessel be disclosed:
- HIN (Hull Identification Number)
- Sale Price (numerically, in dollars)
Step 4 – Buyer Information – Buyer must disclose the following personal information listed below:
Step 5 – Signatures/Notary – In the presence of a notary public, the seller(s) should provide:
- Owner/Seller(s) Signature
- Date of Signing (day, month, year)
The notary will then authorize the document and provide the following:
- County (in which the sale is taking place)
- Date (day, month, year)
- Seller(s) Name(s)
- Notary Public Signature
- Date of Commission Expiration