How to Register a Vehicle
To successfully register your vehicle with the DOT (Wyoming Department of Transportation), find your way to your local county treasurer’s office with the following requested items (requirements may vary from county to county):
- Bill of sale
- The certificate of title or the title number
- Evidence of a current auto insurance plan.
- The latest registration
- If purchased from a dealership, you must present a dealer invoice upon registration.
- If there is a lien on the vehicle, you must provide the VIN number.
- Submit a lease agreement to the agent if the vehicle is being leased.
- Fill out and sign an Application for Certificate of Title and VIN/HIN Inspection Form (MV-300A).
- If registering one of the following, you will need to provide a “Weight Slip”:
- A Pick-up truck
- Mobile Home
- Trailer (not including pull-behind campers)
- A horse trailer equipped with a lodging area
- Method of payment to satisfy any fees connected to registration/titling and taxes.
How to Write
Step 1 – Download in Adobe PDF.
Step 2 – Sale Information – Enter the following sale details into the corresponding spaces listed below:
- Seller’s Printed Name
- Seller’s Address
- Numerical Amount (in dollars) of the Purchase Price
Step 3 – Vehicle Information – Insert the requested vehicle specifics into the appropriate spaces:
- VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)
Step 4 – Buyer Info/Date – Provide the following:
- Purchaser’s Printed Name
- Date of Sale
Step 5 – Signatures – Both the seller and buyer must sign the document on the indicated lines.
Step 6 – Notary Section – The final section is to be filled out by a notary public or deputy county clerk. If approved, the authorized individual will provide:
- The county in which the sale is taking place.
- Date of notarization (day, month, year)
- Notary Public or Deputy County Clerk’s Signature
- Date in which their term expires.