Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Conveys the purchase and transfer of an automobile.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Records the transfer of possession of a vessel in writing.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Necessary form utilized for the sale of a firearm.
Vehicle Registration Forms
- Completed Bill of Sale form
- A finalized Application for Texas Title and/or Registration (Form 130-U)
- An endorsed reassigned title, complete with odometer meter portion filled-out.
- Active Texas automobile insurance policy
- Certification of vehicle passing inspection
- Lien release if required
- A form of payment for all associated fees
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- Completed Bill of Sale
- A finalized Texas Vessel/Boat Application (Form PWD-143)
- Ownership materials such as a manufacturers certificate of origin or reassigned title along with prior owner’s registration.
- For motor boats, a Texas Verification of Vessel Outboard Motor Serial Number (Form PWD-144) will be required if the serial number has yet to be recorded with the state.
- For vessels new to the State of Texas, you will be obligated to file a Texas Affidavit of Fact (Form PWD-314).
- A valid driver’s license or identification card.
- Acceptable payment form to compensate all registration and titling fees.
Firearm Registration Forms
Texas does not demand those residing in the state to register the gun and corresponding serial number with any government agency. No permit is necessary to purchase, although sales that occur through a federally licensed dealer will require the passing of a standard background check. Open carry is allowed in certain areas when not performed in a method to threaten or create a panic. Concealed carry will obligate a resident to obtain licensure to do so. To actively apply for a License to Carry a Handgun you will need to submit the following:
- A completed Texas Handgun Licensing Application (Form LTC-78A)
- Certificate proving completion of a firearm safety course approved by the state.
- An authenticated fingerprint identification card.
- Accepted payment for all license fees.