Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Prescribed to commemorate the details of the sale of an automobile to paper.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – To be enacted for the purpose of documenting the sale of a watercraft.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Finalized upon agreement of the transfer of a firearm from one owner to another.
Vehicle Registration Forms
- Executed Bill of Sale form
- An endorsed and finalized Application for Motor Vehicle Title and Registration (Form MV-608)
- Ownership document such as a manufacturer’s certificate of origin or a transferred title with accurate completion of the Odometer Disclosure Statement.
- If the vehicle is less than 8 years old and has a total weight lesser than 16,000 lbs, it will require the applicant to submit a South Dakota Salvage, Recovered Theft, and Uniform Damage Disclosure Statement (Form MV-610).
- Accepted form of payment to settle all fees for registration.
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- A finalized Bill of Sale form
- A filled-out Boat Title and Registration Application (Form MV-607)
- Evidence of ownership via a manufacturers certificate of origin, reassigned title, dealer’s sale invoice, or an enforceable purchase and sale agreement.
- An active driver’s license
- Applicant’s social security card
- Payment for all incurred registration taxes and fees.
Firearm Registration Forms
South Dakota does not compile a system of registration for firearms within the state, so individuals who wish to obtain a weapon will not be required to register. Carrying of a long gun openly is acceptable in allowable areas, and carry of a handgun outside of one’s private property will mandate the granting of a Concealed Carry Weapons Permit. The state offers a total of 3 different permits, each allowing for transport within certain specified states. To apply for a permit you can arrive at your local county Sheriff’s office with the following documents in hand:
- A notarized South Dakota Concealed Pistol Permit Application
- Proof of fulfillment of an accepted gun safety course
- A valid photo identification card or driver’s license
- A fingerprint identification card
- Proper payment to cover all associated fees