The Rhode Island bill of sale form satisfies written documentation, chronicling the transfer of a particular item to a new owner. It stipulates the information associated with the dealing parties as well as information on the item to be sold and clear terms of sale. It can be further authenticated with the supervision of a licensed notary to oversee and attest to the signatory process.
Bill of Sale Types
Vehicle Registration Forms
- Completed bill of sale
- A filled-out and notarized Rhode Island Application for Registration and Certificate of Title (Form TR-1)
- The transferred tile signed by the previous owner.
- Evidence of current automobile insurance in the state of Rhode Island.
- A finalized Rhode Island Use Tax (form T-334-2)
- An active Rhode Island photo identification card or driver’s license.
- Payment for all registration fees and taxes.
- In the case the vehicle was built in the year 2000 or earlier the following statements also apply:
- It is required you submit the Application for registration and title with the prior owner’s notarized signature, or attend the DMV in person with the individual.
- It is mandated to include a VIN check report from a local police precinct.
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
Firearm Registration Forms
Rhode Island does not require residents to register a gun after it has been purchased, but to buy a gun in-state is regulated. Before purchasing a handgun, one must complete a hunting safety course to receive permission via a “blue card” to then buy the weapon. When purchasing a gun in the state of Rhode Island, individuals must undergo a background check as well as a 7-day holding period before taking possession of the firearm. Once a gun has been acquired, to carry openly or concealed will require you to apply for a License to Carry a Concealable Weapon with the following submitted documentation:
- A notarized Rhode Island License to Carry a Concealable Weapon Application, sealed by the County Clerk or local police chief.
- Proof of fulfillment of an accepted firearm safety program
- Three reference different reference letters from three different individuals not related to the applicant. The letters must be typed, and be notarized when endorsed and dated, in the presence of a licensed notary official.
- A notarized letter of acceptable reason or reasons why the license is necessary from the applicant.
- Two 1″ x 1″ color passport style photographs
- An FBI Fingerprint Applicant Card (FD-258) endorsed by the applicant.
- A “true copy” of two separate forms of photo ID with confirming notarization.
- Payment to cover all licensure fees