The Pennsylvania bill of sale form acknowledges the transfer in possession of a piece of personal property for an agreed-upon sum of money. The contractual paperwork catalogs the particulars of the sale, including buyer, seller, a sale item, and sale terms in detail. The terms are then recognized and confirmed upon executed signatures from the involved parties. This filing can be used for future reference for the purposes of liability or proof of ownership.
Bill of Sale Types
Vehicle Registration Forms
- Completed bill of sale form
- The required completed application for your particular registration and title needs (both can be obtained at your local PennDOT facility:
- For a new vehicle, an Application for Certificate of Title (Form MV-1).
- For a used vehicle, Vehicle Sales and Use Tax Return/Application for Registration (form MV-4ST).
- Ownership evidentiary paperwork via a manufacturer certificate of Origin, or correctly reassigned with filled out odometer statement included.
- Authenticating paper evidence showing the passing of a Safety Examination and Emissions Inspection.
- An active Pennsylvania driver’s license identification card
- Proof of an active Pennsylvania auto insurance policy
- Payment to compensate for all registration/titling taxes and fees.
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
Firearm Registration Forms
Pennsylvania does not insist upon any organizational system of registration for gun owners. To purchase a handgun or long gun from a licensed dealer will require the passing of a PICS background check to obtain possession. This same stipulated obligation is not necessary for sales of long guns initiated by a private party sale. Open carry does not require a license in appropriate locations, but concealed carry will mandate that a resident be at least 21 years of age, and possess a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms.