Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Designed to testify as a record of the transaction of a vehicle to an individual.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Outlined interpretation of the facts surrounding the sale of particular watercraft.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – A written account of the transfer in possession of a gun.
Vehicle Registration Forms
- Completed Bill of Sale form
- The required completed application for your particular registration and title needs (both can be obtained at your local PennDOT facility:
- For a new vehicle, an Application for Certificate of Title (form MV-1).
- For a used vehicle, Vehicle Sales and Use Tax Return/Application for Registration (form MV-4ST).
- Ownership evidentiary paperwork via a manufacturer certificate of Origin, or correctly reassigned with filled out odometer statement included.
- Authenticating paper evidence showing the passing of a Safety Examination and Emissions Inspection.
- An active Pennsylvania driver’s license identification card
- Proof of an active Pennsylvania auto insurance policy
- Payment to compensate for all registration/titling taxes and fees.
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- A finalized Bill of Sale form
- A completed and executed Pennsylvania Application for Boat Registration and Boat Title (Form Rev-336)
- Proof of ownership with a manufacturer’s certificate of origin or a Transferred title.
- Funds to pay for all registration and title fees.
Firearm Registration Forms
Pennsylvania does not insist upon any type of organizational system of registration for gun owners. To purchase a handgun or long gun from a licensed dealer will require the passing of a PICS background check to obtain possession. This same stipulated obligation is not necessary for sales of long guns initiated by a private party sale. Open carry does not require a license in appropriate locations, but concealed carry will mandate that a resident be at least 21 years of age, and possess a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms.