The New Jersey bill of sale form conveys the tangible facts of an exchange of a piece of property for a predetermined compensation within a written archival document. The form can be signed in the presence of a licensed notary professional to additionally secure the validation of the filing. Both the buyer and the seller should maintain a copy of the form for future use to prove the transfer of ownership.
Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Documents the transfer of possession of a motor vehicle.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Used to portray the event of a transfer of a vessel and the accompanying details.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Signifies the event of an exchange of a firearm to a new owner and the sale arrangement therein.
Download: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (.docx)
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A completed bill of sale
- A filled and signed Application for Registration (Form BA-49), only available on-site at a regional New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission.
- A properly transferred title will all necessary endorsements, along with an Odometer Disclosure Statement
- An applicant is required to have a registered driver’s license number. If one is not previously secured, you will need to bring two forms of photo identification, along with proof of your social security number and resident address.
- Active in-state auto-insurance card
- A valid social security card
- Adequate funds to remit payment for all registration/titling fees.
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- A finalized bill of sale
- A completed and executed New Jersey Application for Certificate of Title for Vessel (Form BA-51)
- Proof of vessel ownership:
- For new vessels or dealer purchases:
- Manufacturer’s certificate of origin
- Sales receipt
- For used vessel private sales:
- Transferred title with seller signature
- If the boat has been financed at any time, you will need to supply lienholder information including company name, address, and Employer Identification Number.
- Payment to cover all associated registration and/or titling taxes and fees.
Firearm Registration Forms
New Jersey State has a comprehensive regulatory procedure for the purchase and ownership of firearms for any individual residing within the state boundaries. To buy a handgun or long gun, a resident must first apply and subsequently gain access to a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card or Handgun Purchase Permit. To apply, you can do so online or appear at your local police precinct forth the following documents: