The North Dakota bill of sale form defines all crucial parameters of the sale of a personal item for an exchanged monetary sum. The document logs all associated information on the buyer(s) and the seller(s), and the object itself, along with the date of contract and endorsements upon commitment. The form can be utilized after the fact to support the transaction for registration, titling and/or tax purposes.
Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Communicates the key elements of the sale involving an automobile.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Institutes a drafted structure to relay the pertinent facts with the sale of personal watercraft.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Organizes a foundation iterating the components within the exchange of a gun for a stipulated sum.
Download: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (.docx)
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A completed bill of sale
- A finalized North Dakota Application for Certificate of Title & Registration of a Vehicle (Form SFN 2872)
- Manufacturer’s certificate of origin along with a finalized odometer disclosure statement with buyer and dealer endorsements (new vehicles).
- Transferred title with all necessary signatures and completed disclosure statement (used vehicles).
- For used vehicles with prior financing, the name of the financial institution, address, and account number must be conferred.
- The original record of previous registration for all out-of-state vehicles.
- Active photo identification
- Funds to pay all registration fees and taxes
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- A finalized bill of sale form
- A completed North Dakota Watercraft Registration Form (Form SFN 6102)
- Ownership documentation:
- For newly purchased boats:
- For boats purchased used from a private sale:
- Transferred certificate of title and prior registration
- A vessel transfer letter, written and executed by the previous owner.
- A valid driver’s license or identification card
- Adequate payment for all registration fees and taxes
Firearm Registration Forms
North Dakota does not have any standard to register weapons with the governing authorities. There is no regulation requiring a permit or licensure to purchase or own a firearm, and no background check necessary to buy from a dealer or during a private sale. Although owning and carrying a gun is only permitted to those that meet the accepted guidelines, there is no restriction in obtaining it should you not meet these standards. Permitless carry is enforced in-state, but resident s can furnish a Concealed Weapons License to carry across state-lines with current reciprocity states. The following documentation must be first gathered and submitted to apply for the license: