Updated on June 21st, 2023
The Montana bill of sale form records all the pertinent information associated with the transfer in possession of a personal property item for monetary exchange. The agreement forms a legally binding contract that can be authenticated further by the supervision of a notary public during endorsement. To provide each of the involved parties with a copy, fill two forms and apply signatures to both.
Bill of Sale Types
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A filled and notarized bill of sale form
- A completed and signed Vehicle Registration Application (can only be obtained at your local County Treasurer’s office).
- A reassigned certificate of title, if available
- Proof of valid auto insurance policy
- Form of payment to cover registration charges
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
Firearm Registration Forms
Montana does not obligate residents to officially register obtained firearms, nor does the state necessitate one to acquire a permit before the purchase of a weapon. A background check will be required for all sales going through a federally licensed firearms dealer, but will not be necessary for private party transactions. Open carry is permitted without a license in specified locations for the use of hunting or target practice. Concealed carry of a handgun will compel an individual to gain access to a Concealed Weapons Permit. An application can be presented along with the following materials:
- A completed Montana Concealed Weapons Permit Application, only available to fill at the county sheriff’s office.
- Evidence of completion of a state-approved firearms safety course.
- Useful confirmation of the applicant’s residency within the state of no shorter than six months.
- A current Montana State issued driver’s license or ID card
- Compensation to cover the applied permit fees