The Louisiana bill of sale form brings about a written account to outline the elements involved in the sale of a piece of personal property. Notarization of the document will provide an additional layer of certification. A notary will determine the capacity of the involved individuals and their understanding of the material, followed by the witnessing of their signatures.
Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Identifies the pertinent information on the transfer of a motor vehicle.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Documents the critical features of the exchange of a vessel for a sum of money.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Spells out the specifics of a transaction where a firearm is to be sold.
Download: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (.docx)
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A fully filled-out bill of sale form
- A finalized and executed Louisiana Vehicle Application (Form DPSMV 1799)
- A correctly reassigned title for vehicles purchased through a private sale. This will additionally require a completed Odometer Disclosure Statement in the case that the automobile was built more than ten years ago.
- Previous vehicle registration (necessary if purchased used)
- Sufficient in-state insurance for the motor vehicle
- For vehicles presenting with listed lien documentation via a financing statement, UCC-1 (Uniform Commercial Code-1), or another mortgage record must be provided.
- A valid form of photo identification such as a driver’s license, ID card, military ID, or passport.
- Funds to settle all fees and tax debts for registration.
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
Firearm Registration Forms
Louisiana does not stipulate that procured firearms must be registered with local or state authorities, but if you would like to register, you can do so by completing an Application to Register a Firearm to submit to the county sheriff’s office. Open and concealed carry is permitted without a license outside of city limits and restricted locations. Should an individual wan to acquire a Concealed Handgun License to carry concealed within accepting reciprocity states actively, you can apply with the following gathered documents at a Louisiana State Police facility:
- Apply via the online portal or a notarized hard copy of the Concealed Handgun Permit Application.
- Proof of achievement in a hunter training program performed by a state-approved instructor.
- For individuals that may have medical conditions that could interfere with the use of a weapon, you may need to provide, Medical Summary & Disposition Form from a reputable doctor.
- Arrest dispositions and/or divorce decrees should be included if they are relevant to your particular case.
- Two applicant fingerprint identification cards
- A copy of a valid driver’s license or ID card
- Payment in the form of a cashier’s check or money order for all required licensure fees.