The Indiana bill of sale form endorses the sale of a piece of personal property, documenting the sale in written form. The details of the contract include data for the buyer, seller, property being sold, and sale terms, complete with signatures from the participating individuals to confirm the contents. The paperwork establishes a physical receipt for proof of the purchase.
Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Substantiates the particulars of a sale of an automobile to a document with corroborating signatures..
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Conveys the information concerning a transfer in possession of watercraft to a second individual.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Outlines the circumstances of an exchange of ownership for a specified weapon.
Download: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (.docx)
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A filled and signed bill of sale
- A new or reassigned title for the vehicle
- Proof of current auto insurance plan
- An Indiana-issued driver’s license
- Compensation to cover all registration fees
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- A completed bill of sale form
- A filed and executed Indiana Application for Certificate of Watercraft Title (Form 38529)
- Valid proof of ownership:
- An original manufacturer’s certificate of origin.
- A transferred certificate of title
- In the case that neither ownership record can be supplied, you will need to submit an Indiana Watercraft Ownership Affidavit (Form 55100).
- A finalized and endorsed Indiana Physical Inspection of a Vehicle or Watercraft (Form 39530), to be evaluated by a member of law enforcement or an employee of the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- Receipt of sufficient tax payment remitted with one of the following documents:
- Vessels for which the tax has been settled will require a completed Indiana Certificate of Gross Retail or Use Tax Paid on the Purchase of a Motor Vehicle or Watercraft (Form 48842).
- For any vessel seeking tax-exempt status, this will necessitate a filled-out and signed Indiana Certificate of Gross Retail or Use Tax Exemption for the Purchase of a Motor Vehicle or Watercraft (Form 48841).
- Boats that have not yet been assigned a formal hull identification number, come equipped with:
- A finalized Indiana Application for Special Identification Number of Vehicle or Watercraft (Form 12907)
- A visible photograph of the exterior of the watercraft taken from a side view
- Evidence of the applicant’s social security number via an original social security card, pay stub, or the previous year’s w-2 IRS form with the applicant’s name.
- An active Indiana State issued driver’s license or identification card with the applicant’s current home address. In place of an up-to-date address appearing on your form of identification, you may present one of the documents listed on the Real ID Documentation Checklist.
- Method of payment to cover all associated registration fees.
Firearm Registration Forms
Indiana does not mandate registration of a procured firearm with any state agency. There is no need to get hold of a license to purchase or own a long gun or handgun. Open carry of a long gun within sanctioned areas will not necessitate individuals to acquire a permit, but to carry a handgun in either manner will require a Concealed Handgun License. This license also provides residents with reciprocity to travel with a weapon within the approved states. The application can be made online by initially visiting the Indiana New Applicant webpage. The following will be required to be completed within a time frame of 90 days of application:
- A fingerprint identification card made available at a participating fingerprinting service. An appointment can be arranged prior to your visit on the IdentoGO website.
- Attend your county sheriff’s office to pay the necessary fees and be designated a Handgun License Application Number.