The Georgia boat bill of sale form demonstrates a valid agreement between to consenting individuals to exchange a watercraft for a designated amount of money. The form provides a general overview of the crucial information necessary to distinguish the vessel being sold, the sale for which it is being sold, the involved parties and signatures to confirm the arrangement in writing. It serves as a useful piece of evidence of the transfer for registration, tax, and liability purposes.
How to Register a Boat
It is demanded that any motorized or propelled vessel or sailboat over 12-feet in length must be registered within the state system to be employed on Georgia waters. The exception to this is boats that are to be utilized singularly on privately owned ponds and/or lakes, non-motorized boats, and sailboats shorter than 12-feet.
The registration process can be performed in several different methods, either online, through the mail, email, fax, or by phone:
To complete the procedure online through the state of Georgia’s department of natural resources website:
- Locate or create your customer account by inputting the prompted information in the allocated boxes:
- Enter your date of birth manually (mm/dd/yyyy) or click the calendar icon to search it visually.
- Input your last name.
- Select a third identifying piece of information to submit:
- Last 4 of your social security number
- GADNR Customer ID
- A valid US driver’s license
- A valid US identification card
- A valid green card
- US Travel Visa
- Continue with the forms until you reach the confirmation of submission page.
To apply for registration through the mail, fax, email, and phone, you will need to gather the following documents to send out:
- A fully filled-out Georgia Vessel Registration Application (Form REV 2017).
- Evidence of ownership of the watercraft such as a bill of sale, Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin, Affidavit of Vessel Ownership, or an alternate supporting document.
- If you have relocated to Georgia or the vessel was purchased in another state you will be mandated to provide the previous title and/or registration depending on if the state it was priorly registered in required a title for boats.
Once you have obtained all forms, vessel information, and proof of ownership, you can call 1-800-366-2661 to arrange for submission and payment. You can then:
- Mail the necessary materials to:
GA Department of Natural Resources
P.O. Box 934943
Atlanta, GA 31193
How to Write
Step 1 – Download in Adobe PDF.
Step 2 – Description of Vessel – Fill out the form with the following information that applies to the vessel being transferred:
- Georgia Registration Number
- Make and Model of the Boat
- Year Built
- Hull Identification Number
- Out of State Registration Number
- Hull Length (in Feet and Inches)
- Hull Material
- Color of Vessel
Step 3 – Next complete the statement with the following seller and purchaser information:
- Name(s) of Seller(s)
- Address of Seller(s)
- Month of Sale
- Day of Sale
- Year of Sale
- Name(s) of Purchaser(s)
- Address of Purchaser(s)
Step 4 – Verify the agreement of the contract by gathering signatures from all sellers and purchasers associated with the exchange.