The Massachusetts bill of sale form abridges the details of an exchange of property for compensation to a concise written format. The document is duplicated to be made available to both buyer and seller to record the details of the transaction therein. Original signatures are then affixed to both to create a valid contract and can be used to verify the transfer of ownership.
Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Creates a contractual agreement for the sale of a motor vehicle.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Reinforces the transaction of a vessel to a physical document.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Utilized to aid in the sale of a gun and illustrate the transfer of ownership.
Download: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (.docx)
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A finalized bill of sale form
- A fully filled-out Massachusetts (RMV-1) Registration Application
- A properly transferred title with all necessary reassignment signatures.
- If there is no place to include the actual odometer reading, you will need to submit an Odometer Disclosure Statement.
- If the vehicle was built before the year 2000, it will not require a title, but you will need to furnish the previous owner’s registration.
- An accepted method of payment for all state taxes and fees
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- A completed bill of sale form
- A fully-filled out Massachusetts Application for Registration and Title (Form RMV-1).
- Ownership record materials for
- New vessels
- Manufacturer’s certificate of origin
- Used vessels from a private sale
- Signed-over title and prior registration equipped with an accurate Odometer Reading Statement
- New vessels
- Proof of complete tax payment for the boat with:
- A filed Massachusetts Certificate of Payment of Sales or Use Tax for Boat, Recreation or Snow Vehicle (Form ST-6)
- Receipt substantiating full payment via MassTaxConnect.
- Should you be exempt from the requirement of tax payment, you will need to employ the use of a finalized Massachusetts Claim for Exemption from Sales or Use Tax on Boat, Recreation, or Snow Vehicle (Form ST-6E)
- Evidence of the boats HID via a pencil/crayon tracing or photograph
- A current ID card or driver’s license
- Funds to remit all necessary payment for taxes and fees to register and title the watercraft.
Firearm Registration Forms
Massachusetts requires the formal course of registration solely for guns purchased in another state, guns inherited, or for guns belonging to residents relocating from outside the state. To begin the process, you can visit The Massachusetts Gun Transaction Portal. When procuring a firearm from within the state, it will require an individual to first apply for a License to Carry or a Firearm Identification License, essentially registering the weapon. To legally carry a gun in a concealed or open manner will obligate a resident to apply and gain access to a License to carry. You can do so by visiting the local authorities with the below-listed paperwork:
- A filled and executed Massachusetts Resident LTC/FID/Machine Gun Application (Form LTC/FID-Rev-5-15).
- A certificate of fulfillment of an accepted firearms safety program
- A fingerprint identification card for the applying individual
- Evidence that the applicant actively resides in the state of Massachusetts.
- A current Massachusetts drivers license or ID card
- Payment for the necessary license fees