The Massachusetts bill of sale form abridges the details of an exchange of property for compensation to a concise written format. The document is duplicated to be made available to both buyer and seller to record the details of the transaction therein. Original signatures are then affixed to both to create a valid contract and can be used to verify the transfer of ownership.
Bill of Sale Types
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A finalized bill of sale form
- A fully filled-out Massachusetts (RMV-1) Registration Application
- A properly transferred title with all necessary reassignment signatures.
- If there is no place to include the actual odometer reading, you will need to submit an Odometer Disclosure Statement.
- If the vehicle was built before the year 2000, it will not require a title, but you will need to furnish the previous owner’s registration.
- An accepted method of payment for all state taxes and fees
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
- A completed bill of sale form
- A fully-filled out Massachusetts Application for Registration and Title (Form RMV-1).
- Ownership record materials for
- New vessels
- Manufacturer’s certificate of origin
- Used vessels from a private sale
- Signed-over title and prior registration equipped with an accurate Odometer Reading Statement
- Proof of complete tax payment for the boat with:
- Evidence of the boats HID via a pencil/crayon tracing or photograph
- A current ID card or driver’s license
- Funds to remit all necessary payment for taxes and fees to register and title the watercraft.
Firearm Registration Forms
Massachusetts requires the formal course of registration solely for guns purchased in another state, guns inherited, or for guns belonging to residents relocating from outside the state. To begin the process, you can visit The Massachusetts Gun Transaction Portal. When procuring a firearm from within the state, it will require an individual to first apply for a License to Carry or a Firearm Identification License, essentially registering the weapon. To legally carry a gun in a concealed or open manner will obligate a resident to apply and gain access to a License to carry. You can do so by visiting the local authorities with the below-listed paperwork: