The Connecticut bill of sale form cites the inherent details about the exchange of a personal item for a stipulated financial distribution. Outlined in the document’s configuration is the contact information on the buying and selling parties, identification of the sale item, purchase price, and signatures to illustrate a valid accord. The filing can be utilized after the fact to represent the transfer date for the possession of the property.
Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Constitutes a written record of the sale of an auto and the details of the contract.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Supports the agreement of an exchange of a boat for a financial consideration, and the details involved int he sale.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Highlights the basic terms of the sale for a transaction involving a gun.
Download: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (.docx)
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A filled bill of sale form
- A filed and endorsed Connecticut Registration and Title Application (Form H-13B)
- An original title for the vehicle transferred to the applicant
- Certification for the vehicle passing inspection for state standards of emissions (this may not be required for all motor vehicles).
- Proof of valid insurance plan for the applying individual
- Photo identification such as a current driver’s license or ID card
- Payment for all associated taxes and fees for registration
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
Firearm Registration Forms
Connecticut does not have a state-imposed regulation requiring individuals to register long guns or handguns. Should a weapon be designated as an assault rifle, it will mandate the owner to register. Although there is no need to register all gun types with a state entity, to gain access to purchasing a firearm will require residents to first apply for and acquire a Certificate of Eligibility. To apply for the certificate, an individual must provide the following:
- A valid form of positive photo identification.
- An on-site notarized Pistol Permit/Eligibility Certificate Application (Form DPS-799-C) for those that wish to purchase a handgun. In the case an individual would like to buy a long gun, they will be obligated to fill out the listed application along with a supplemental Form DPS-164-C. This form can be obtained by contacting the Special Licensing and Firearms Unit.
- Certificate of completion of an accepted firearms safety program
- A fingerprint identification card for the applicant
- Form of payment to settle all license fees