The Connecticut bill of sale form cites the inherent details about the exchange of a personal item for a stipulated financial distribution. Outlined in the document’s configuration is the contact information on the buying and selling parties, identification of the sale item, purchase price, and signatures to illustrate a valid accord. The filing can be utilized after the fact to represent the transfer date for the possession of the property.
Bill of Sale Types
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A filled bill of sale form
- A filed and endorsed Connecticut Registration and Title Application (Form H-13B)
- An original title for the vehicle transferred to the applicant
- Certification for the vehicle passing inspection for state standards of emissions (this may not be required for all motor vehicles).
- Proof of valid insurance plan for the applying individual
- Photo identification such as a current driver’s license or ID card
- Payment for all associated taxes and fees for registration
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
Firearm Registration Forms
Connecticut does not have a state-imposed regulation requiring individuals to register long guns or handguns. Should a weapon be designated as an assault rifle, it will mandate the owner to register. Although there is no need to register all gun types with a state entity, to gain access to purchasing a firearm will require residents to first apply for and acquire a Certificate of Eligibility. To apply for the certificate, an individual must provide the following:
- A valid form of positive photo identification.
- An on-site notarized Pistol Permit/Eligibility Certificate Application (Form DPS-799-C) for those that wish to purchase a handgun. In the case an individual would like to buy a long gun, they will be obligated to fill out the listed application along with a supplemental Form DPS-164-C. This form can be obtained by contacting the Special Licensing and Firearms Unit.
- Certificate of completion of an accepted firearms safety program
- A fingerprint identification card for the applicant
- Form of payment to settle all license fees