The Colorado bill of sale form cites the basic details about the exchange of a personal item for a stipulated financial distribution. Outlined in the document’s configuration is the contact information on the buying and selling parties, identification of the sale item, purchase price, and signatures to illustrate a valid accord. The filing can be utilized after the fact to represent the transfer date for the possession of the property.
Bill of Sale Types
Motor Vehicle (DMV) Bill of Sale Form – Constitutes a written record of the sale of an auto and the details of the contract.
Download: Adobe PDF
Boat (Vessel) Bill of Sale Form – Supports the agreement of an exchange of a boat for a financial consideration, and the details involved in the sale.
Download: Adobe PDF
Firearm (Gun) Bill of Sale Form – Highlights the basic terms of the sale for a transaction involving a gun.
Download: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (.docx)
Vehicle Registration Forms
- A finalized bill of sale
- A reassigned certificate of title completed and signed by the previous owner.
- A VIN Verification Form (Form DR 2698), for all vehicles purchased outside of the state of Colorado. An official agent must endorse the form.
- Confirming documentation for the vehicle of a passed state emissions examination
- Proof of an active automobile insurance policy
- A valid driver’s license or ID card for the applying resident
- Payment for all fees and taxes accrued by the registration and titling process
Boat (Vessel) Registration Forms
Firearm Registration Forms
Colorado does not obligate its residents to formally register any type of firearm. There is also no additional requirement for licensure to purchase or own a gun. To carry a concealed weapon will necessitate a Concealed Carry Permit. To apply for a permit, visit your county sheriff’s office with the listed materials:
- Certified proof of the applicant completing an accepted program in firearm/hunter safety.
- A Colorado State driver’s license or identification card
- Proof of residency in the county of application with a valid pay stub, utility bill, or lease agreement
- Funds to compensate for the fees imposed for permit processing